Our Services

Traditional Funerals

Moody Funeral Services offers many services to fit anyone's needs. There are several options and price ranges to choose from. Moody Funeral Services bestows numerous choices of caskets, vaults, and service options to suit your every expectation. Traditional funeral charges are currently estimated at $6,000. Included in estimate are caskets ranging from $695 to $6000, outer burial containers from $495 to $2295, and services to meet your needs and budget. Other fees, outside the control of the funeral home include cemetery fees, tax, floral arrangement and others. Based on your needs and wishes Moody's can best establish their efforts on your behalf.

  • Casket
  • Clothing
  • Chapel, Church, or Graveside service
  • Cemetery Space
  • Honoraria for clergy / musicians
  • Copies of the death certificate
  • Outer Burial Container
  • Viewing / Visitation
  • Family Transportation
  • Monument / Marker

It is Moody Funeral Services policy to provide full information about funeral arrangements and costs. There are a variety of funeral alternatives available and you will find Moody's funeral charges will be informative and helpful when considering service details. A licensed representative of Moody Funeral Services may answer any questions you may have. There will never be any pressure or obligation, or any fee for pre-arrangement consultation.

To better assist you, Moody is providing the following information:

Social Security:

Moody will notify Social Security by mail of a death. This will aid in stopping monthly checks. If you are entitled to benefits, please call Social Security at 336/789-8179 or 1-800-772-1213 you will need to have your and your spouse's Social Security numbers, dates of birth of minor children, and your marriage date.


Insurance Companies generally require claimants statements and death certificates. Your director at Moody is familiar with the process and will assist you on request.

Veteran's Benefits:

At your request, Moody will file applications for flag, marker, and cash burial benefits. If you have questions about dependent and / or survivor benefits, call the regional office Department of Veteran Affairs in Winston-Salem, NC 1-800-697-6947, or Mike Scott, Surry County Veterans Service Officer at 336-783-8820.

Wills & Probate:

Take the will to the Estates and Probate Division of the Clerk of Court, which is located in the Surry County or Patrick County, Courthouse. If there is no will, the closest relatives need to go to this same office to qualify to settle the estate. The estate office will assist you.

Mountain View